The quality of our provision is of paramount importance to us. We provide care and education well beyond the norm to ensure that children in our care benefit from the highest standards. Why? Because your child deserves the best that can be provided. Active Childcare settings are all committed to quality provision. The statement below offer examples of our Quality Assurance.
- We have a programme of continuous staff development.
- We have our own staff training centre.
- Staff are trained to a high standard including vocational Diplomas at Level 2, 3, 4 and 5. They also undertake training in areas such as: child protection, first aid, food hygiene.
- We have an excellent reputation for caring for children with additional needs including those children with exceptional needs and we are regularly requested by external agencies to support provision for children with additional needs.
- The Directors of Active Childcare are involved in national quality initiatives.
- From time to time we are asked by toy manufacturers to evaluate the play and educational value of children's toys/educational resources.
Our External Awards
At Active Childcare we are proud to have received numerous external awards for quality in various aspects of our work:
2016 Gold Healthy Workplace Award (re-accreditation) Rossett House and Little Scholars
2015 5* Food Safety Rating Rossett House & Little Scholars
2015 Healthy and Sustainable Pre-Schools Award Little Scholars
2014 Healthy and Sustainable Pre-Schools Award Rossett House
2013 Gold Healthy Workplace Award Rossett House and Little Scholars
2013 5* Food Safety Rating Rossett House & Little Scholars
2013 Investors in People Award (renewal)
2012 Carer Friendly Employer Award
2012 Tiny Tums Child Nutrition Award Little Scholars
2012 Tiny Tums Child Nutrition Award Rossett House
2012 5* Food Hygiene Rating Rossett House
2011 5* Food Hygiene Rating Little Scholars
2010 Good Practice Award – Food and Health Guidelines for Childcare Settings Rossett House and Little Scholars
2010 Investors in People Award (renewal)
2010 Gold Food Hygiene Award Rossett House
2009 TACTYC Award for Outdoor Provision Rossett House
2009 NDNA UK Nursery Carer of the Year Rachel Davies of Rossett House Nursery
2009 Silver Food Hygiene Award Rossett House and Little Scholars
2008 Silver Food Hygiene Award Little Scholars
2007 NDNA / Ariel Sensitive UK Day Nursery of the year 2007 Rossett House
2007 Investors in People Award (renewal)
2005 Mark Warner / NDNA Day Nursery of the Year – Runner Up Little Scholars
2005 Jenefer Joseph Award for the Creative Arts (TACTYC) Little Scholars
2005 Silver Food Hygiene Award Little Scholars
2004 Investors in Children Award Rossett House and Little Scholars.
2004 Quality Counts Level 2 Quality Assurance Kitemark Little Scholars
2004 Quality Counts Level 3 Quality Assurance Kitemark Rossett House – The first in the UK – The National Day Nurseries Association describes this as 'an exceptional level of quality'
2004 Investors in People Award (renewal)
2004 Silver Food Hygiene Award Rossett House
2004 Bronze Food Hygiene Award Little Scholars
2001 Investors in People Award (renewal)
2001 Quality Counts Quality Assurance Kitemark Rossett House, the first in Wales
2000 Wales Training Award Rossett House, The only organisation in our sector to achieve this
1998 Investors in People Award Rossett House